Today, Matrix World announced an exciting milestone: it has raised $5.5 million in angel funding led by Tess Ventures, Everest Ventures Group, Com2Us Group and Y2Z Ventures.
A total of 17 companies participated in the angel investor round. These partnerships will help expand the Matrix World network and the funding will be used to support the growth and development of the Matrix World project.
An angel cycle refers to the first injection of capital by outside investors during the early stages of a project or startup. Angel investors are usually well-established companies or individuals with investment experience. These investors also provide access to resources and a wealth of knowledge that can help the project grow.
What is Matrix World?
Matrix World is an exciting next-generation multi-channel metaverse where users can create, connect, explore, and play like never before. The open world allows users to build immersive 3D applications on top of several different blockchains through Turing’s comprehensive programs, in hopes of improving the metaverse experience for users and creators. The Metaverse will also feature low-code build tools to make building accessible to users of all skill levels.
What has happened since launch?
Since the launch of the project in October 2021, many developments have taken place, including:
- Over $7 million in secondary market trading volume.
- The Flow blockchain, Dapper Labs, Phanta Bear and more have announced plans to build in Matrix World.
- Verified ads on OpenSea, BloctoBay and Rarible.
- Map feature upgrades, including the ability to add images and 3D models to map tiles.
- Avatar and Land gameplay demos.
What happens next?
- This year’s plans include:
- Globalization of community and brand.
- The 1.0 alpha version of A Traversable World.
- The release of the Matrix World builder and developer application programming interface and software development kit.
- Version 2.0 of A Programmable World.
Who is behind Matrix World?
The team behind Matrix World is a group of like-minded blockchain enthusiasts named Matrix Labs. They have established notable project partnerships including Dapper Labs, Flow blockchain, Ezek, Mask Network, ChainIDE and more.
Matrix Labs was also the technical partner behind Phanta Bear, the wildly popular non-fungible token (NFT) project created by Phantaci and Ezek. After the successful sold-out launch, the project was dubbed “The Bored Apes Yacht Club of the East”.
Who are the seed investors?
- Tess Ventures was founded by Tess Hau, an investor and advisor to successful startups in Web3, NFTs, Metaverse, GameFi, and Decentralized Finance. Investments include Animoca Brands, Parallel Life, Salad, DeHorizon and Metaverse AI. Tess was on a Thrive Global list of notable women.
- Everest Ventures Group (EVG) is a venture capital studio focused on incubating and investing Web3 companies. Since 2018, EVG has incubated Kikitrade, Aspen Digital, Vibra Africa, BlockTempo, Cassava, LiveArtX and Adaverse and invested in over 30 blockchain projects globally including Animoca Brands, Dapper Labs, Kraken, Upbit, Lukka, The Sandbox , Immutable X, Phanta Bears and now Matrix World.
- Founded in 1998 as the first mobile game company in South Korea, Com2Us takes another leap forward as a global content and comprehensive platform company integrating blockchain and metaverse. Com2Us has proven its competitiveness in the global gaming industry through its successful IPs across various genres, including Summoners War: Sky Arena, Baseball Superstars, MLB 9 Innings, and Ace Fishing: Wild Catch. Com2Us continues to establish a global digital paradigm by establishing various Web3 games based on a blockchain gaming platform, C2X, and a global metaverse platform, Com2Verse.
- Y2Z Ventures focuses on supporting young people and startups in building metaverse infrastructure and content. Its portfolio includes companies such as White Matrix, Tap Fantasy, RSS3, Mask Network, Blocto, Ovo and more.
Dapper Labs – the creators of NBA Top Shot and the Flow blockchain.
Animoca Brands – a global gamification and blockchain leader with a large portfolio of over 150 investments in NFT-related businesses and decentralized projects.
Sky9 Capital – a leading venture capital fund focused on innovation themes around technology.
Bonfire Ventures — early-stage investors.
SevenX Ventures – a blockchain venture capital group.
Fenbushi Capital – a blockchain venture capital.
Hash Global — a web3 and crypto investor.
ArkStream Capital — a commodity marketing group.
SecondLive – various 3D virtual space creators.
Moon Capital – a founding Web3 and metaverse venture capital firm.
Panony — Web3 incubator, investor and advisor.
Lucid Blue Ventures – a blockchain, digital asset and digital finance group.
Matcha – an investment fund focused on blockchain, artificial intelligence and cloud.
For Matrix World updates, follow the Twitter and Discord.
Its official Land collections can be found on OpenSea or Rarible.
This is a paid press release. Cointelegraph does not endorse and is not responsible for the content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other elements of this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any action related to the company. Cointelegraph is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in the press release.