Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and user-friendly, giving consumers the ability to buy now and pay later with no hidden fees or compound interest.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and user-friendly, giving consumers the ability to buy now and pay later with no hidden fees or compound interest. We’re a very data-driven company, so our focus is on automating decisions in a multitude of areas such as underwriting, fraud, securitizations, pricing, and consumer personalization.
We’re a very data-driven company, so our focus is on automating decisions in a multitude of areas such as underwriting, fraud, capital markets, pricing (for merchants and consumers) and customization. To achieve our ambitious goals in these areas, we are looking for a Group Product Manager of Decisioning to join our Product Team. This role will enable our teams to create enjoyable and magical user experiences through automated and transparent decision making powered by machine learning.
This Product Manager will be responsible for defining product strategies around our key dynamic pricing product area, making decisions outside of machine learning powered pricing, and enabling new verticals. This role reports to the Senior Director of Products for Foundations, which includes the Machine Learning, Trust & Safety, Customer Identity, Capital Technology and Care product teams.
What you will do
- Proactively identify areas where we can leverage machine learning (ML) to solve difficult problems
- Drive product requirements, data collection strategy and ML models in Affirm
- Stay on top of cutting-edge technologies that can potentially be applied to Affirm use cases
- Drive product roadmap and own process for prioritizing ML / data product solutions based on business value and customer impact
- Define success metrics and SLAs by partnering with other cross-functional leaders
- Evaluate new product opportunities (both buy and build solutions) with intelligent automation at the forefront
- Leverage data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks to track product success or failure
- Work closely with all product teams, businesses, operations and executive stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of ML data and products
- Create data strategies and programs for the long-term success of business teams and ensure engineering teams are positioned to deliver results
- Provide an end-to-end machine learning development process in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders to design, build and manage reproducible, testable and scalable ML-based product experiences
What we are looking for
- More than 8 years of experience in product management
- Team management experience
- Nice to have: 2+ years of technical product management
- Nice to have: Experience mentoring and managing a 1:00 p.m. team
- Passion and willingness to change consumer credit for the better
- Intellectual curiosity and domain expertise in Machine Learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a knack for precise articulations of client issues
- Experience in managing technical software products from launch to post-launch
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to achieve consensus within cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact well with operations and business partners at all levels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to a diverse audience of stakeholders, including a global team of C-level executives, product and technical stakeholders
- More than at ease in an ambiguous matrix organization
- Strategic platform and systems thinker capable of balancing overall strategy with detailed and flawless execution
- Experience in developing long-term data-driven roadmaps and strategies to improve operations and efficiency of data platforms – all without sacrificing quality
- In-depth understanding of software development for machine learning products and services
We are delighted to announce that Affirm is now a remote first business! This role can be located anywhere in the United States and Canada (except Quebec). Remote-based employees may occasionally visit an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible to all on a voluntary basis.
If you’ve come to this, we hope you feel excited about the job description you just read. Even if you think you do not meet all of the requirements, we still encourage you to apply. We look forward to meeting people who believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who tick all the boxes.
At Affirm, “People come first” is a fundamental value and that is why diversity and inclusion are essential to our priorities as an employer guaranteeing equal opportunities. You can read more about our D&I program here and our progress to date in our 2019 D&I report.
We also believe “It’s On Us ”to provide an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates requiring one-on-one support during the hiring process.